Your donation helps us provide fresh food access and education to Capital Region residents everyday.
Capital Roots has been helping residents of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Schenectady counties improve their neighborhoods and access healthy food since 1975. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh food and green spaces for all.
Over the past year we have seen a dramatic increase in demand for our essential food access services, which sell low-cost, top quality fresh produce and local foods with a focus on vulnerable and income-restrained residents in the Capital District. Our programs are needed now, more than ever, and your contribution directly supports our essential food access programs serving our regions residents in need with dignity and respect.
Other Ways To Donate
Make a Difference
Become a Harvest Helper
We know that plants need a few key things to grow, and so do we! For as little as $15 per month, you can provide sustaining support to our educators and our essential food access services. Become a Harvest Helper, and support Capital Roots with a recurring monthly donation.
- Provide 5 Pounds to Squash Hunger
- Help Pay for Farm to School Delivery
- Organize Urban Greening
- Provide 10 Pounds to Squash Hunger
- Support Nutrition Education for Taste Good Series
- Build New Community Garden Plots
- Provide 25 Pounds to Squash Hunger
- Keep the Veggie Mobile rolling
- Give Produce Project Students needed tools.